swissnex - connecting India and Switzerland in science, education, art and innovation
The Alumni Network in India
The community of the alumni from Swiss universities living in India has risen substantially over the past few years to reach over 700 members. Among our alumni community are business leaders, artists, lawyers, engineers, academics and countless others. Their careers have been varied and far reaching, impacting and changing lives.
swissnex India has put its efforts to establish and foster the Swiss Universities’ Alumni in India network to further strengthen the Indo-Swiss bond beyond one’s academic experience in Switzerland. We have created this community through our LinkedIn platform and annual meet-ups in New Delhi, Mumbai and Bangalore in collaboration with the Embassy of Switzerland in India and the Consulate General of Switzerland in Mumbai. Over the years, it has created the opportunity for alumni members to meet people working in similar fields, network and share expertise.
Take a peek at the images from the alumni gatherings in 2018 –
Here is a glimpse of the past meet-ups
Are you new to our community?
You may have finished your education in Switzerland two or 20 years ago. Switzerland may have become your second home, or perhaps you haven’t been back since graduation. With your treasured Swiss memories, you are a vital part of our community and swissnex India welcomes you to our alumni family. To join our community, please contact us and become a member of our LinkedIn group here.
Are you a proud alumnus of a Swiss University and want to support building this community?
Serving as an Alumni Ambassador is a great way to build your professional network, meet other alumni and stay updated on Indo-Swiss relations. This 2-year volunteer position is available in Bangalore, Delhi or Mumbai.
– Work with swissnex in planning official events and organizing one informal annual meet-up
– Participate in guest speaker opportunities
– Find new alumni members
– Share your Swiss journey, offer insights about the university culture and talk about what you love most about Switzerland in the following forums: articles/blog posts, social media (4 posts per year) and other engagements
– Stay connected and expand professional network by collaborating with alumni, University faculty, and swissnex staff
– Enhance resume through professional development opportunities (e.g., guest speaking, mentoring, and networking)
– Receive special recognition at events, on the swissnex alumni website and in University newsletters
– Receive a certificate of appreciation upon completion of the 2 year commitment
If you are interested in being a volunteer, please drop a line to