Head of University Partnerships
Industry: Government Relations
Employment-Type: Full-time/ Permanent Contract
Start date: 1 st May 2021, or as per negotiation
Tasks and responsibilities
- Strategic development of University partnerships and relations
– Implement and monitor existing mandates with Swiss higher education institutions. Propose and help to acquire new mandates based on the overall strategy.
– Develop strategic partnerships with Indian and Swiss stakeholders to build networks and programs
– Facilitate and support academic relations between Indian & Swiss institutions and academia-industry partnerships.
– Responsible for implementation of various academic programs (i.e. India Industry Internship Program, K2A, INSSINC, ThinkSwiss, Research.Swiss)
– Explore and promote new funding opportunities for Indo-Swiss collaboration, in partnership with Swiss Embassy
– Contribute to Nextrends Asia and popular media platforms through articles, videos etc.
- Program management in thematic focus areas:
– Overall responsibility for program conception for thematic focus areas including planning, management and controlling within the annual planning of swissnex India activities.
– Plan promotion and visibility strategy for programs with the communications team. Provide content for digital and analogue communications.
- Collaboration with the Swiss network:
– Undertake projects in collaboration with the swissnex network and the Swiss network in India to promote Indo-Swiss S&T collaborations
– Manage relevant mandate activities with the swissnex network (eg. Research.Swiss)
- Strategic Planning and Administration:
– Support CEO in annual and strategic planning (LdM) of the organisation activities
– Plan and define the right mix between events, desk research and mandate implementation
– Responsible for overall supervision of project management, CRM and finance processes for programs and mandates related to University partnerships team
- Team management:
– Manage and guide team members (incl. Interns); responsible for guiding and motivating the team; suggest/implement training for career development.
– Lead larger project teams for high-visibility programs which includes working with cross-functional teams within and outside the organisation
– Exposure to academic and non-academic institutions in India and Switzerland; additional exposure to startup ecosystem
– Access to people and networks in the areas of science and higher education; additional exposure to people and networks in the areas of innovation
– Work in a multi-cultural, international environment, Interaction and learning from a dynamic team with varied experiences and backgrounds
Requirements and profile
– Indian citizen or legal resident of India
– Master’s or PhD degree holder preferably in science or engineering or related field; a background in sustainability or energy-related topics would be a plus
– Proven record (7+ years) of work in international academic relations
– Superior written and oral English language skills, knowledge of one of the Swiss official languages would be a plus
– Demonstrated leadership in taking initiative, solve complex problems, to work independently with excellent understanding of pro-active stakeholder management
– Ability to work in a dynamic team, to set priorities and deliver in time, and to work on several projects in parallel. Compelling at C-Level interactions: brings knowledge and reason for partners
Please apply at firstname.lastname@example.org before 7 March 2021. Applications without a motivation letter will not be considered.