Our ‘Knowledge2Action in South Asia‘ project brings together researchers and SDG actors, promoting exchange of knowledge and best practices. This platform aims at facilitating future cooperation in research and education, on environmental sustainability and social wellbeing, between Switzerland & South-Asia.
University of applied sciences and arts Western Switzerland – HES-SO, Ashoka Trust for Research in Ecology and the Environment (ATREE) with swissnex India open call for winterschool 2021. The winterschool is a scholarship-based, 9-day, full-time, residential, inter-disciplinary school. This school aims to equip learners with the capacities to:
- Understand, analyse and identify, interconnected challenges imbricated in local and global dynamics in South Asia through multiple disciplinary perspectives.
- Experience fieldwork regarding a local issue in teams.
- Develop particular skills to promote Sustainable Development Goals(SDGs) practically based on cutting-edge research outputs.
- Build a foundation from which to design inter-disciplinary actions to promote Sustainable Development Goals(SDGs).
- Network with and learn from: diverse faculty, learners from several South Asian countries and Switzerland, local Sustainable Development Goals(SDGs) actors.
A certificate of participation will be provided by HES-SO upon successful completion of the winterschool. The project is funded by the swissuniversities Development and Cooperation Network (SUDAC) programme.
Eligibility: Master students, early PhD scholars, junior professionals (public sector, private sector, NGO and Philanthropy) related to topics in environmental and social sustainability.
Send your applications or queries to email@example.com. Application will be accepted from September 2020.