swissnex India and Swiss Re collaborate to bring you Fintech Startup Tour in India, with the deadline for applications extended to 10th December for Swiss startups.
To participate in the tour, register here: https://goo.gl/forms/t1oDSOkqcKqh0Hg82.
Understand the Indian Fintech space
Immerse yourself into the fast growing space of Fintech in India by understanding more about the current trends and particularities of the space and acquire expertise on Indian business culture.
Meet with key players of India’s Fintech ecosystem
Learn from experts from institutions such as Lets talk payments and Zone Startups , meet Fintech startups such as Zestmoney, Razorpay and meet the members of startup community at spaces such as Excubator, NUMA, Beehive and Jaaga.
Learn about potential opportunities for your individual product and service innovation
Understand the specific IP/legal framework and and learn about market characteristics and trends to understand how your innovation could benefit within the Indian Fintech space.
Interact with your potential local partners
See how collaboration could take your journey to the next level by meeting with Fintech startups in India, investors, local experts, potential local partners and talent.
4 key factors converging to create Fintech ecosystem in India
1. India is mastering the new Fintech themes such as next gen payments, P2P lending, bank in a box, roboadvisory, blockchain, financial inclusion as well as security and biometrics.
2. The proliferation of smartphones in India – second largest smartphone using country with 220 million people in India owning smartphones in 2016.
3. A government led public-good data initiative in India (UIDAI) for innovators to build upon
4. New payments interfaces are changing the market, driving the rise of mobile wallets and garnering attention from major brands such as VISA, Apple and Swiss Re.
Who would benefit from the program?
Whether you’re working on Analytics and Data Science, Investment Management and Banking Infrastructure, Payments, Deposits and Lending or Blockchain and Crypto – if you are an entrepreneur, researcher or investor working with Fintech in Switzerland we are looking forward to hearing from you.
What happens during the Fintech Startup Tour?
Over the five days you will be spending with us in India, you will be meeting key exponents of the Fintech and Startup ecosystem in Bangalore and Mumbai. At swissnex India we pride ourselves for tailoring our programmes as much to our stakeholders as possible – this means we will help you arranging meetings with key individuals helping your progress as well as invite you to relevant visits to institutions and events. Furthermore, we will help you understand the business culture of India and specifics of the local rules and regulations in the financial market.
The entire program is free of charge including local transport and site visits during the days of the program. Participants will take care of their flight (approximately 750-1200 CHF), accommodation (approximately 500 CHF for 5 nights), and visa (approximately 200 CHF). Insurance coverage is concern of the participants.
CTI startups may be eligible for a one-time travel stipend from the Gebert Rüf Stiftung for up to 2 people (2×1000 CHF). Please contact us for further details.
• 17 October 2016 Applications open
• 24-29 October 2016 Meet Prateek Khare (swissnex India) in Switzerland
• 12 December 2016 Applications close
• December 2016 Preparation for Startup Tour
• January 2017 Startup Tour Bangalore
• January 2017 Optional individual stay
A maximum of 10 participants can attend the program. swissnex India will confirm registrations on a rolling basis. Register here: https://goo.gl/forms/t1oDSOkqcKqh0Hg82
Questions? Please email email@example.com.