swissnex India is preparing to host Swiss startups for the next edition of Fintech Startup Tour in India. Swiss startups will visit Bangalore, the technology hub and Mumbai, the financial capital of India to unravel the potential of India’s Fintech sector.
Understand the Indian Fintech space
Immerse into the fast-growing space of Fintech in India by understanding more about the current trends and particularities of the environment and acquire expertise on Indian business culture.
Meet with key players of India’s Fintech ecosystem
Learn from banking and financial institution experts such as Citi Bank, Yes Bank, Axis Innovation Lab and meet Fintech startups such as Zestmoney, Razorpay and meet the members of startup communities at Rise Accelerator.
Learn about potential opportunities for individual product and service innovation
Understand the specific IP/legal framework and learn about market characteristics and trends to understand how their innovation can benefit within the Indian Fintech space.
Interact with potential local partners
See how meetings with Fintech startups in India, investors, local experts, potential local partners and talent can turn into fruitful collaboration and take their journey to the next level.
4 key factors converging to create Fintech ecosystem in India
1. India is mastering the new Fintech themes such as next gen payments, P2P lending, bank in a box, roboadvisory, blockchain, financial inclusion as well as security and biometrics.
2. The proliferation of smartphones in India – second largest smartphone using country with more than 300 million people in India owning smartphones in 2017.
3. A government led public-good data initiative in India (UIDAI) for innovators to build upon.
4. New payments interfaces are changing the market, driving the rise of mobile wallets and drawing the attention of major brands such as VISA, Apple and Swiss Re.
What happens during the Fintech Startup Tour?
Over the five days Swiss startups will spend with us in India, they will meet key actors of the Fintech and Startup ecosystem in Bangalore and Mumbai. At swissnex India we pride ourselves in tailoring our programmes to our stakeholders – this means we will support the startups in arranging meetings with key individuals helping their progress as well as invite them to relevant visits to institutions and events. Furthermore, we will help the startups understand the Indian business culture and specifics of the local rules as well as regulations in the financial market.
Echoes from 2017 Fintech Tour –
- 26 September 2017 – Applications open
- 25 October 2017 – Meet Prateek Khare (swissnex India) at Swiss Startup Day in Bern
- 1st December 2017 – Applications close
- December 2017 – Preparation for Fintech Startup Tour
- January 2018 – Fintech Startup Tour India
- February 2018 – Optional individual stay
Questions? Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
A teaser to what the startups from Switzerland will discover in India in 2018 –