The Asia-Pacific region offers very interesting perspectives for Universities of Applied Sciences that are seeking international collaborations. Be it in terms of research opportunities, know-how exchange or training in a different cultural context, there are many good reasons to seek for new partners in the region. What do the higher education landscapes look like? What are the opportunities and challenges for establishing cooperation activities?
Meet the network of Asia-Pacific-based science and technology counsellors and swissnex CEOs to explore current trends and share your questions and ideas for collaboration.
The goal of the session is to deliver basic information about possibilities of cooperation for Universities of Applied Sciences.
Speakers are Science and Technology Counsellors and swissnex CEOs based in the following countries: Australia, China, India, Japan, Korea and Singapore. Swiss UAS professors involved in those countries will be invited to share with the audience their experiences and best practices of cooperation.
· Brief presentation for each country identifying opportunities and challenges
· General discussion: speakers and invited professors with specific experiences of cooperation in Asian countries share best practices and answer questions from the audience.
· Standing lunch and networking event to make sure you have the opportunity to share and connect with the relevant country contacts.
Who should attend
Anyone interested in setting up cooperation activities with Asia-Pacific countries and in having a broad overview of possibilities and difficulties:
· Officers in charge in international relations
· Professors and faculties looking for opportunities to develop new partnerships
· Professors and faculties who have already experience are welcome to discuss specific issues and share their experience
When: 20. October 2014, 9h30-13h00 including a standing lunch for networking
Where: Berner Fachhochschule, Hörsaal 003, Schwarztorstrasse 48, Bern
More info and registration
We would also be happy to receive your requests and questions at this address: firstname.lastname@example.org so that our speakers can better adjust the content to your expectations.