Junior Project Manager – Academic Relations
Junior Project Manager (Internship) in Academic Relations:
swissnex India, Bangalore
Employer: swissnex India, Consulate General of Switzerland
Duration 6 months | From 15th August 2018 | Workplace Bangalore | Workload 100%
swissnex India, the Consulate General of Switzerland in Bangalore, connects Switzerland and India in the fields of science, education and innovation. It is an initiative of the Swiss State Secretariat for Education, Research and Innovation (SERI), in association with the Swiss Federal Department of Foreign Affairs. Our three key areas of work are a) Building connections and enabling partnerships between Swiss and Indian academia & between academia -industry, b) Mentoring Swiss entrepreneurs engaging with India and c) Corporate innovation. Founded in 2010, swissnex India is located in the vibrant city of Bangalore (known as ‘Silicon Valley of India’) with a pan-India mission. swissnex India offers attractive internships on a rotating basis throughout the year to open-minded, qualified, self-motivated university graduates and master students.
About the Internship
The intern will be part of the academic relations and project team of swissnex India. He/she will be working with the team on exciting ongoing mobility projects (E.g. India Industry Internships) as well as do background research & manage public programs of thematic topics (E.g. Energy).
- Project management and administration (70%)
- Assist in the implementation of thematic programs related to academic relations
- Research (secondary) & prepare short reports for project topics
- Write concept notes and reports for partners/sponsors
- Assist in identifying and contacting potential partners
- Assist in organizing visits for Swiss delegations/interns
- In charge of project logistics (eg. Demo days, workshops), including audio-visual management at swissnex event place
- Assist Head, Academic Relations in administrative tasks as per requirement
- Outreach & communications (30%)
- Manage communication between partners, sponsors, and swissnex team
- Write content for academic relations related website pages, write blogs/articles for newsletter
- Prepare content for social media channels (LinkedIn, Facebook and twitter)
- Represent & promote swissnex during internal and external platforms etc.
- Gaining work experience in an international and highly dynamic environment (English as official working language)
- Developing networking and project management skills and extending your personal network
- Exposure to people and networks in the areas of science, higher education and innovation
- Connecting with scientific, technical and business institutions in India and Switzerland
- Interaction and learning from a dynamic team with varied experiences and backgrounds
Application criteria and requirements
swissnex India is part of the Consulate General of Switzerland in Bangalore. Therefore, the following conditions and requirements of the Swiss Department of Foreign Affairs apply for our internship positions:
- Swiss citizen or legal resident of Switzerland
- Bachelor/ master degree holder (graduated within the last 12 months) or be a current university student studying for a bachelor/master degree (final semester) preferably from Engineering background (Energy Science & technology, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Computer Science or any other similar field).
- Superior written and oral English language skills
- Strong interest in project management, public programming, and thematic research
- Able to take directions and work in a team environment, but also self-motivating
- Flexible for occasional evening or weekend assignments
Application deadline: 6th May 2018
Please apply at https://swissnexindia.recruiterbox.com/jobs/fk01whj. Shortlisted candidates will be contacted after closing of the application deadline.