Project Coordinator – Academic Relations
Full time position for Indian citizens
Employer: swissnex India, Consulate General of Switzerland
Location: Bangalore, India
From 16th August 2018 | Workload 100%
swissnex India, the Consulate General of Switzerland in Bangalore, connects Switzerland and India in the fields of science, education and innovation. It is an initiative of the Swiss State Secretariat for Education, Research and Innovation (SERI), in association with the Swiss Federal Department of Foreign Affairs. Our three key areas of work are a) Building connections and enabling partnerships between Swiss and Indian academia & between academia -industry, b) Mentoring Swiss entrepreneurs engaging with India and c) Corporate innovation. Founded in 2010, swissnex India is located in the vibrant city of Bangalore (known as ‘Silicon Valley of India’) with a pan-India mission.
- Program management and administration (50%)
- Manage mobility programs related to academic relations (eg. India Industry Internships) which includes identifying and contacting potential partners, manage communication between other partners, sponsors and other project partners; take charge of event logistics of project related public programs (eg. Demo days, workshops); write reports for partners/ sponsors including key account management.
- Conduct secondary research and prepare concept note & briefs for project topics (eg. clean energy)
- Assist Head, Academic Relations in administrative tasks as per requirement
- Organise logistics for in-house and external events, set-up exhibits
- Academic Relations (30%)
- Conduct Execution of specific duties related to academic relations mandates (as defined per mandate) and support of overall operations of the team and the head of department (HOD).
- Manage delegation visits: organise briefing sessions at swissnex, prepare one or two week programme for visiting delegations with support from the HOD & Manager – Academic Relations, accompany delegations
- Communication & Networking (20%)
- Prepare and manage content for swissnex India’s academic relations activities such as website updates, blogs/ articles and pictures
- Collaborate with communications team for emerging requirements
- Attend S&T related events, conferences, meetings in India when needed
- Development of networking and project management skills
- Exposure to academia & industry in India and Switzerland; additional exposure to startup ecosystem
- Access to people and networks in the areas of science and higher education
- Work in a multi-cultural, international environment (English as official working language)
- Interaction and learning from a dynamic team with varied experiences and backgrounds
Application criteria and requirements
- Indian citizen
- Bachelor or Master’s degree holder preferably in science or engineering
- Proven record (2 or more but less than 4 years) of work and interest in academic relations
- Superior written and oral English language skills
- Able to take directions and work in a team environment, but also self-motivating
- Able to take directions and work in a team environment, as well as ability to work unsupervised
- Ability to multi-task and flexible for occasional evening or weekend assignments
Application deadline: 1st July 2018
This will be a fixed term contract. The contract will initially be for a period of one year and extendable thereafter, based on performance, for a likely period of 2 years.
Please send your cv and motivation letter to https://swissnexindia.recruiterbox.com/jobs/fk01scu by 1st July 2018. Applications without a motivation letter will not be considered.