Thinking of scaling up in India? Join the Startup Tour!
– For CXOs of Swiss medtech and healthcare start-ups who want to do business with India
– Startup coaches
– Startup enablers from incubators, tech parks, academic staff working on technology transferwho want to learn about the Indian medtech and healthcare market.
– Exhibit your prototype/product in the biggest B2B medical equipment exhibition in India
– Visits and interactions with key opinion leaders in the medtech and healthcare field
– Building relationships with potential local partners and customers
– Adapting your business model, product or service to the Indian market
– Gaining a solid understanding of India’s medtech opportunities and ecosystem
October 3, 2017 – Tuesday
– Opening ceremony with Dr. Balz Strasser, CEO swissnex India
– Dr. Swetha Suresh – Introduction to healthcare medical devices sector in India
– Neeraj Gupta, CEO Formulate IP – Protecting your medtech IP in India
October 4, 2017 – Wednesday
Group visits and product feedback
– Narayana Health super specialty hospital to understand healthcare research and clinical trials
– CCAMP – A life sciences innovation incubator
– Exchange with startup(s) that have successfully scaled in India
October 5, 2017 – Thursday
– Two personalised meetings organised by swissnex India
– Travel to Mumbai
October 6, 2017 – Friday
– Visit to SINE IIT Bombay – Hitech incubator
– Clinical development services agency, or similar- New regulations on medical devices in India
– Exchange with Indian medtech startups
– Exhibition set up
October 7, 2017 – Saturday
– Exhibit in India’s largest medical equipment expo: Medicall Exhibition
– Reflection session on:
1. Business prospects in India
2. Next steps
October 8, 2017 – Saturday
* The detailed final program will be sent to participants in September 2017.
Medicall is the largest medical equipment exhibition in India. The 2016 edition had 750 exhibitors and 15,000 visitors. Visitor profile statistics show that 37% were dealers, distributors, importers, manufacturers and 30% were doctors and hospital owners. Startup tour participants will have the opportunity to gain a comprehensive insight of the Indian medical sector; showcase products directly to medical community and connect with the right people for successfully entering the market.
For the 2017 Mumbai edition of Medicall, swissnex India will host a stall / booth to showcase participant Swiss startup products or prototypes.
The program is free of charge for participating startups. The exhibition booth will be subsidised by swissnex India for participating startups.
Participants will take care of their flights (CHF 750-1200), business visa (approx. CHF 200), accommodation (approx. CHF 500 for 5 nights), food (CHF 150) and insurance coverage.
CTI startups may be eligible for a one-time travel stipend from the Gebert Rüf Stiftung for up to 2 people (2 x CHF1000). Please contact us for further details.
6 April 2017 : Applications open here
12-17 June 2017 : Meet us in Switzerland, register here
31 July 2017 : Applications close
2 August – 15 September 2017 : Preparations and FAQs
3 – 8 October 2017 : Medtech and Healthcare Startup Tour India
A maximum of 10 participants can attend the program. swissnex India will confirm registrations on a rolling basis. Register here.
Queries? Contact Dr. Swetha Suresh at firstname.lastname@example.org or call +41 58 484 53 92